About Me

My photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday's Thoughts


A quiet Saturday. I shop for dinner; one rib-eye steak (bone-in for Lucy), a good bottle of red wine. And there it comes again; quietly and unexpectedly...grief...I have this thought, "Oh another part of me is being put back into place." When my dad died it felt as though I had been dismantled-taken apart. Now, slowly and without warning, the pieces of me that had been pulled apart slowly begin to show themselves anew. A newer, parent less Mary, free in a way I've never known. It isn't sadness but an acute awareness of my new life.

Now, I'm grilling the steak, drinking the wine and feeling so grateful for all that I have chosen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival