About Me

My photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beginning of Autumn



Took a wonderful walk today up in the Aspen Vista; 9000 altitude. The most perfect of an autumn day. In honor of my Mom's 5th anniversary of her passing it felt right to be out in nature and allow whatever thoughts and feelings that came up to have a wide berth. I don't know about any of you but this whole grief processing experience cannot be contained in words that I am familiar with. My friend Melissa asked if I was thinking about my Mom today. I said, "You know, it's bigger than words or thoughts. It's bigger than anything I've ever known.
And now, with having both my parents gone; allowing everything to come up and show itself seems to be the only way. Allowing gives freedom to the thoughts and feelings. No need to define or place in a box or give boundaries to.
As Joan Didion writes in "The Year of Magical Thinking", she describes a day as being "...seemed to unfold with the nonsequential inexorability of a dream."
That is grief written like I've never seen before.


6 comments:

  1. That's what I love about Autumn...all the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Joan Didion's book - it truly resonated with me. And - what a beautiful way to just 'be'..to recognize and honor your thoughts and feelings. Gorgeous autumn images!!!
    Thank-you for alerting me as to your new blog post..:-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wandered over from WOWH- to find your lovely blog. I to have found Joan Didion's book invaluable in giving grief a "wide berth" as you so perfectly said. xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really thank you for this ... i understand what you mean ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so wonderful. I am so glad Elk sent me here.

    ReplyDelete

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival