About Me

My photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Self Cherishing


I've been having a lot of feelings lately, like worry and fear and "bracing against" what could happen. And I'm realizing how these feelings are all so self-centered. They aren't productive thoughts and feelings; they are all emotions that bring me back to me - in other words, self centered and as the Buddha phrased it, self-cherishing. Not good Mary.

And since having the awareness that these are self cherishing thoughts I go to what Abraham says about the more you don't want something the more you are in fact inviting it into your awareness and into your life.

So now, I've been working on really watching what thoughts and feelings come up for me and immediately changing them to what I do want. Staying on the side of positive and affirmative. Oh...that feels so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival