About Me

My photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A List of Now




Listen, whatever it is you try to do with your life, nothing will ever dazzle you like the dreams of your body. Its spirit longing to fly while the dead-weight bones toss their dark mane and hurry back into the fields of glittering fire where everything, even the great whale, throbs with song.
Mary Oliver

a list of now
the whir of electronics on a wintry day and the tree lights lighten up the room.
lucy hackling at the mailman as he negotiates the snow.
douglas fir scent filling up the house while the shared toilet sings a melody.
be more curious, be less afraid; be less afraid of talking about things you don’t
really want to talk about. love even more. step lightly, be present when I’m walking the dog.
listen more when Ian’s speaking. have less judgment/have no judgment. smile/don’t be a sour puss.
go to an even  deeper level with love, with surrender, with acceptance, with joy, with being in love, with allowing. I hear the hourly chime, take three deep breaths and carry on. have gratitude, be grateful, know gratitude. place hand on heart/heart broken open. be even more curious, did I already say that? I mean it…it goes along with fear. don’t be afraid, what can possibly happen really…that I’ll be found out to be just as fragile and tender as everyone else on this planet? not protected, no boundaries, who can hurt me really? stay open, be open, let myself be loved, love my lover like there’s no tomorrow. love my children with abandon and joy. make images, put words together, make sense, don’t make sense. make more time for play. play with creativity, let go of what I think creativity is, what it looks like, where I’ll find it, what it feels like. look everywhere, down the street, around every corner, in the hallway down my office, in my mind, out of my mind. create, imagine, explore, decipher, demand, insist, decide/don’t decide. no right no wrong, only being only now, only love, only love, only love.

~may this time of year fill your hearts with so much light and love that you will feel it not only for one day, not just for a year, but for always~ MS


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mary your words are exactly what my heart needed to read today. Thank you for your wisdom
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival