About Me

My Photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today would have been my Mom's 93rd birthday...can you imagine?!? Last night I had another dream, this time with my Mom and Dad. We're in a huge football like stadium dressed in what looks like storm gear....great big yellow rain parkas. I can't see their faces but I know it's Mom and Dad. We're standing near an entrance looking out onto a football field. There's some kind of problem because there's some guy whose going around throwing people off the stage...and there he is standing at the entrance, waving me to come towards him, I don't trust him and don't want to go but my Mom gently pushes me forward...I look back and I can "feel" them both telling me, "You need to go on alone." No sooner do I "hear" this than I am fully awake and quite clear of the message!

Some night, stay up till dawn as the moon sometimes does for the sun.
Be a full bucket pulled up the dark way of a well, then lifted out into light.
Something opens our wings.
Something makes boredom and hurt disappear.
Someone fills the cup in front of us.
We taste only sacredness.
~Rumi~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival