About Me

My Photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Full Potential?



A sobering thought:what if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential? ~ Jane Wagner.

I found this lovely quote, (where I find many of the quotes that I use on this site) in a book called, "Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy", by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Sarah responds to the quote by saying (I'm paraphrasing), be easy because you wouldn't be reading this book if you were living up to your fullest potential. Well, I've been thinking about this and I'm fairly certain I hardheartedly disagree! I truly believe, at every single moment we are exactly where we are supposed to be and this renders us absolutely living the full potential. There is only this moment...and now this one...and now this one...in every moment, every situation, every thought, we always have the opportunity to see the moment as perfect and our "fullest potential" - or not. If I say I am not living up to my fullest potential then I am belittling myself and all the possibilities than can occur. This is not to say that I don't keep moving forward and work towards newer and ever new exciting ideas and creations; but I don't ever want to limit myself by saying I'm not there yet...not quite yet Mary...not just now. That feels like I'm making myself not good enough. 

I am good enough...and so are you!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...interesting and inspiring thoughts. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. That author doesnt seem to think very highly of her readers.

    ReplyDelete

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival