About Me

My photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Giving the Heart Some Time



All the Hemispheres
Leave the familiar for a while.
 
Let your senses and bodies stretch out.
Like a welcomed season
Onto the meadows and shores and hills.

Open up to the Roof.
Make a new watermark on your excitement
And love.

Like a blooming nightflower,
Bestow your vital fragrance of happiness
And giving
Upon our intimate assembly.

Change rooms in your mind for a day.

All the hemispheres in existence
Lie beside an equator
In your heart.

Greet Yourself
In your thousand other forms
As you mount the hidden tide and travel
Back home.

All the hemispheres in heaven
Are sitting around a fire
Chatting.
While stitching themselves together
Into the Great Circle inside of
You.

~From “The Subject Tonight is Love”, 60 Wild & Sweet Poems”, by Hafiz; Translated by Daniel Ladinsky.
Hafiz was a great poet/saint in the same tradition as Rumi, of the Sufi faith, from the land that what was once named Persia.


Listened to my heart; had to pay attention and trust that this free fall would not     result in a crash. It’s interesting to feel like you have a safety net when in fact there simply is no ground to crash into. 

I’ve left my job behind and I’m now wandering in the valley of the present moment; gave myself “permission” to simply be and allow the heart some time to heal and take rest. There’s no push or shove in my days. The only one pushing me is me. Oh…the day is mine to do with as I feel. Such an inner freedom I don’t remember feeling this deeply before. Historically, always an agenda, a plan, or I should say a plan within the guise of being in the present moment and spontaneous!

What I really wish to share is simply that when you follow the heart, you are truly rewarded by a bliss of newness and profound intimacy with the present moment. I don’t know how long this time will last so I have requested myself to be as fully in the now as I can, not squander the moments and take the time to feel the grandeur of love that exists in every moment.

Cross posted over at Vision & Verb, http://www.visionandverb.com/
for Thursday, March 15, 2012


1 comment:

  1. That poem is perfection.

    I'm glad for you that you're following your heart and may it encourage others & myself to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival