About Me

My Photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Hidden Treasure



Let yourself be silently drawn
by the stronger pull
of what you really love.
-Rumi

Do you see her? Just to the right of the purple buds? I bent down to take a picture of those brave crocus's that are the first to arrive before Spring actually arrives. Just as I was getting ready to take the picture my eye caught an ever-so-slight movement; a folded baby monarch. I took one picture, got up and walked away but she called me back and there she was still sitting, folded, resting, breathing. She was reminding me of the beautiful transition that occurs from caterpillar to butterfly. Not yet ready to fly, taking my time and breathing.

1 comment:

  1. It seems taking her time is the best way for her to be able to fly later on ;-)

    Beautiful capture, Mary. Enjoy your Sunday

    ReplyDelete

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival