About Me

My Photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Untold, Unknown Possibilities


  
"When mindfulness is there you are attentive to yourself, you are attentive to other people around you and understanding becomes possible, compassion becomes possible."  

“We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize.”  Thich Nhat Hanh


A new dimension...that's what it feels like now that my daily routine of 6 years has changed. One of the best parts of changing the routine includes not having anxiety about going to a job that was an unhealthy work environment (for me). I have no intention of dwelling on the past; suffice to say, it wasn't a good place for me to be on many levels and after months of processing, I finally said, "enough".

What's exciting is that everything feels in the realm of possibility. Oh, I know, these are crazy economic times but truly, my heart and soul were in jeopardy of implosion.

So, the good news....I'm giving myself a full week to not have an agenda and just do what I love the most; write, make images, walk Lucy, love my man and support my teenager who's doing a bit of wandering himself these days. I'm experimenting with being in the present moment; it feels different somehow, to be mindful about each moment when the day is all mine - no schedule - just whatever is in front of me. These practices seem to have new meaning during this time of transition and growth. It's all good and it's all perfect! And as Thay says, there are infinite possibilities!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, this sounds so exciting! and quite challenging at the same time. You are a brave soul and I applaud you for following your heart. Hugs to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Mary! Such exciting news. And - I can so relate to exactly where you are these days - which is right here and now. Can't wait to here more...:-)

    ReplyDelete

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival