About Me

My photo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Time Out



Time out for a short get-away north; greener hills, horses, cattle, water running freely, filling my senses with calm.

Preparing for my summer; focusing on a writer's grant due in November, the goal is to submit by September 1st. The actual process of writing the grant which includes writing samples, a genre decision (poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction or playwrighting), how my community could benefit from this award and how will I be able to give back (it's a lot of money!)

I'm looking forward to diving deep and seeing what I can come up with! The grant writing process is really about being willing to look at what I want to share with the world, what that voice might be and honoring the voice that is in there to get out!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a respite. Perfect for contemplating and of course working on your grant thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous view! Sound like a challenging submission. I've applied for grants three times, the last tie making it into the final running but alas, did not end up with it. I'll keep trying though. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Aspens

Aspens
Bending Branch

Aspens

Aspens
Aspen Bark

Aspens

Aspens

Buddha Applied

Buddha Applied

A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
Silence

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence2

Silence Series

Silence Series
Silence3

Street Photography

Street Photography

Train Graffitti

Markings

Faces From the World

Faces From the World
Bhutan

India

India
Folk Art Festival